When we talk about fruits that people mostly eat, banana is not an exception. It is a common and popular fruit that people eat, it is a curvy fruit with a yellow or green skin and soft flesh.
The consumption of fruits is really essential because of the benefits it contributes to the health. Fruits contain essential vitamins and minerals that are important for the health.
Bananas are one of the most widely consumed fruits in the world for good reason.
People eat a banana in different forms, you can take banana juice, smoothies are also forms of eating a banana.
You can also slice a banana in some delicacies while preparing them, you can as well eat a banana in its raw state.
There are many benefits of eating bananas, some of them are:
1. Banana contains Potassium.
Potassium intake brings about a reduced risk of stroke, it also gives protection against loss of muscle mass, it preserves bone mineral density as well.
Also, this mineral is important as it helps maintain fluid levels in the body and regulates the movement of nutrients and waste products in and out of cells.
Potassium also reduces the risk of kidney stones forming as people age.
2. It is rich in fiber.
Banana is rich in a fiber; pectin, pectin is a nutrient that moderates the level of blood sugar.
3. Banana contains tryptophan which converts into serotonin, this helps to overcome depression, it boosts the mood.
4. Eating bananas also help to prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against muscular degeneration and build strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
5. Also, eating banana could help lower blood pressure and reduce the risks of cancer and asthma.
6. You can also strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.
You can easily include bananas in your diet, they are commonly found everywhere and they are not costly, consume more fruits to stay healthy and free from diseases.