Engineer Oluseyi Abiodun Makinde is a Nigerian Businessman, Politician and Philanthropist. He was elected as the Governor of Oyo State in the general elections held earlier this year.
Since assuming office, the “OMI-TUNTUN (New Water)” has been able to perform excellently by embarking on different projects which will make the indigenes of the State to feel the positive effect of ‘true’ democracy.
Below are some of what he has achieved so far;
– Primary and Secondary Education Free. Free exercise books and other materials for all school children.
– Pensioners and workers getting paid every 25th of the month and 23rd if pay day falls on weekend.
– Launched Oyo State-Farmcrowdy Agribusiness Partnership to commence a 3-year plan with 50,000 farmers in the state.
– 100 units of Kia Rio 1.4 Executive Automatic Transmission vehicles for the various security agencies.
– Criminalise Open Grazing.
– Begins e-registration of everyone living in Oyo State to determine the number of people living and doing business in the state.
– Proscribe NURTW because of violence in the state and to this day, they are yet to be back.
– N500,000 bursary for every Oyo State indigene Studying in Law School.
– Publicly declared his assets.
-Established Oyo State Financial Crimes Commission to fight graft in government.
– Ready to waive his immunity if found to have stolen from government.
– His monthly salary is N650,000